We did it! We finished the wall! So last Monday I skipped school and we hung all sixty one pictures. Our amazing handy man Bob Good came over at 9 in the morning to help us get the pictures leveled and spaced correctly. We all thought it would take about 3 or 4 hours because we had them all laid out. Well finally around 6:30 (eight and a half hours later) the wall was finished. At 12:30 we took an hour lunch break but other than that we spent the day measuring, hammering, nailing and cleaning every picture. We had a few mishaps which set us back about an hour but other than that it was smooth sailing. Alex and I were so excited and overly pleased with the way it turned out that we sat and stared at the wall for 30 minutes after we were done. It turned out better than we ever expected! We all had such a fun time working on the wall and are so grateful for everyone that helped! I still stop and stare at the wall every time I walk by! I LOVE IT!
Our blank canvas
Every picture was measured, spaced, and leveled precisely
Bob called me and Alex his slave drivers! haha
We designed the wall so Mom and Dad were in the center because they started it all and their 4 girls surrounded them!
Some of the pictures were framed upside down so I had to fix them
Creating a plan. Bob had no idea what he was getting into but we couldn't have done it without him. If you ever need anything fixed Bob is the man. We just hope he will keep coming back after this! :)
Our audience
Steph and Josh stopped by for a while
A little stressed out! All the pictures weren't quite fitting so we had to make a few adjustments
Mom cleaned off the pencil marks with a q-tip dipped in alcohol and water
Half way there
Our wonderful mother!
Alex never left Bob's side
Hard at work
The hanging of the last picture
The final push
TA DA!!
Bob was such a good sport! He did exactly everything we wanted and never complained! After this he probably thinks we are crazy! He thought it was so funny we were taking pictures of this but he needed them for the blog!
3 comments:
I LOVE it!!! Nice work! From what I could see the pictures are so cute too! I would love to walk past that wall too. You girls should be so proud, looks great!
YEAH IT IS DONE!!!! I am so happy it looks amazing! That was a very long day!
It looks so good! Those pictures are way cute too!
Post a Comment