Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Graduates

What a week it has been! I cannot believe that Vanessa has graduated high school! I can still remember when she told me after kindergarten that she couldn't go to 1st grade because she still didn't know math! My how the time flies! She is all grown up and leaving for college. We are so proud of her and the great young woman she has become. She will continue to have great success in whatever she chooses to do, just like high school! We love you Vanessa!

And if that isn't enough of a time warp for you, our baby Madeline was also promoted from the eighth grade and will be attending high school next year! Before we know it we will be empty-nesters!! Not a stage we are looking forward to! We are so proud of Madeline and her hard work in junior high. But even more, we are proud of her choices. She is a wonderful friend to all those she meets, and the proof is in her Friday night parties (a different group every week!). We want her to continue to choose the right and make smart decisions as she enters high school! We love you Maddie and are so proud of you!!

So as customary for high school graduation, we celebrated with the grandparents. We went to dinner at Ruth's Chris to celebrate the grads, but also to celebrate my mom's birthday! Happy birthday again Mom/Grandma, we love you sooooo much! 

The whole group!
The Graduates!
Smile!
Happy Birthday!
 The next day was graduation, Madeline at noon and Vanessa at 7pm. What a day! Madeline got an emerald ring from us, and Vanessa received her dream car.... a Porsche Cayenne! We had so much fun celebrating all their accomplishments and love them all so much!
Oh lala!
Proud parents
The hair stylist
Congrats!
Friends
Grandparents!
Surprise!
Dad and daughter!
Mom and daughter!
Siblings!

Her hair sylist and makeup artist!


Her favorite walk ever!


It's official!
You did it!
Cindy Crockett, Ali Crowder, and Cassandra Sarmiento! Congrats girls
The Harries women...and one brown girl!
The family!
Grandma and Grandpa Tueller
Grandma Dorothy
Her proud mama!
Katie Baker and Stephanie Harris, her good friends
Dad & Nessa
Her sissys love her!!
Congrats you two!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats to the graduates! Loved all the pics! You girls are making me feel old. I remember babysitting you and you were all so little. You are all so beautiful and all grown up!!! Madeline going into High School, that's a trip! :) Love Vanessa's new car! Lucky Girl!

312 M. I. said...

Congratulations Vanessa! You are such a sweetie, you deserve all the best this world has to offer. Congratulations Maddie you big FRESHMAN!!! Miss you all and am so glad we have blogs! Vanessa YOU
KNOW I want a ride in your AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!! XO

kirk n stacy said...

What awesome girls! Congrats to you all. Sounds like a wonderful week with lots of family with lots of good things to celebrate.

Vanessa & Travis McDonough said...

Thank you Mom and Dad for everything! The car is AMAZING and i still can't believe it is mine! I'm pretty sure you spoil me but I wouldn't want it any other way! haha I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations Maddie and Vanessa!! Wow...would time stand still for just a minute, you two can't be that old yet. You are both remarkable women and I wish you the best. Love you