Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend getaway!

Scott and I decided at the last minute to get away for the weekend and celebrate Madeline's birthday and the 4th of July. We went to Oxnard, not too far from home and yet such awesome weather. I cant' believe that in all the years we have lived in California we have not stayed up there before it was a lot of fun. We enjoyed the beach, went on bike rides, ate good food and watched some beautiful fireworks! I love being with my family! There is nothing better than time together. I am grateful that Scott and I are able to spend so much time with our kids becauseI know we will be more spread out soon so time together is very valuable. Thanks for a great weekend!!!

Maddie opening her presents!
After presents we rented bikes and went on a wonderful bike ride along the beach! Scott and I were in a little cart, Vanessa was on a tricycle, and everyone else had a bike! It was tons of fun!

Off we go!!!
This picture is too funny!! Scott looks like a giant little kid!

After our morning exercise we relaxed at the beach!!

Enjoying the Beach!!

Later that night we went to dinner at YoLandas a delicious Mexican restaurant right on the harbor!

Maddie's Birthday Dinner!
The next day we enjoyed another wonderful bike ride in the morning. Then we walked to a local market and enjoyed wonderful fireworks later that night!

Dad Trying to be tough!!
Walking back from the market place!
SISTERS!!
HAPPY 4th!!
Enjoying the fireworks!
Attempting to use sparklers!!


4 comments:

Maria Nissen said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie. It looks like you had tons of fun. I think it is evident that the boys in your family are very loved. I already knew the girls had a strong bond, but I love to see how much all the girls love Alex's husband. He seems like a great guy.

Sophia said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip, we just love it up there!! Happy Birthday Maddie!

jrpetho said...

Happy Birthday Madeline!

312 M. I. said...

LOL.......Scott is "a giant little kid"! Glad you had fun.
We should have a 10 month schedule for Nicole soon and we'll hopefully be able to plan some trips! I miss the BEACH!!