Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Office


His lovely office before


The mess!

Doesn't it look so nice?

Now you can actually see the chair!

My husband has a beautiful office and over the past few years it has become a junk room for all unwanted things. We have a beautiful leather chair and ottoman, and the room has beautiful wood work. The other day some important papers were lost in this room of things, I couldn't stand it any longer and decided it would be my friday project. I kept it a secret from Scott, one to surprise him and ,two he HATES me to touch the stuff in case there is something "important" among the piles of junk.  If you know me these are the projects that I get excited about. Organizing and cleaning out rooms , closets, or anything is what I really enjoy. Its what the kids and I did on school breaks when they were young, I think they have fun doing this too? It took me 2 full days and I had so much fun, after Scott got over the fact that he could find everything and I threw out very little he was gratful, I actually found him sitting at the desk today paying a bill. He never really spent much time in there in the last few years. I have a list of the other places in my house to be cleaned out and every friday thats what I will be doing. 

6 comments:

Jill said...

Lisa, that is hilarious! I'm sure my mom told you my dad's is the same way...a room of clutter :) You did a wonderful job. The question now is, how long will it stay that way?

kirk n stacy said...

This makes me laugh so hard. I love that you did that...and I am showing Kirk that I am not the only wife who does these things. Especially with those all so "important papers" that are 5 years old...In his important "stacks". Gotta Love 'em!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Yay for organization! I love it. You seriously worked wonders on that room. This is me impressed. P.S. I am still loving that you started a blog. I love to keep up with the daily happenings. You need to recruit the rest of the aunties and uncles!

Shai Brown said...

I actually love doing that too...once I get started. I just can't ever get the motivation to get started. Alex is really good at that too. I need you and her at my house!

Janelle Meldrum said...

Lisa, Troy's office needs some help too. You have any more free time on your hands? :)

Sam said...

Ok I'm next! You've seen Jack's office/playroom! UGH! You should sign up to have your own show on HGTV.