Sunday, May 3, 2009

GO HART TIMES 4!

It all started when Alex was 5 years old and went with Jill Meldrum when she was a Hart cheerleader to a day camp for little girls called  "spirit day. " That's when she decided she wanted to be a Hart cheerleader. She tried out in 2000 and cheered for 2 years after that Stephanie tried out in 2002 and cheered for 2 years and Vanessa tried out in 2005 and cheered for 2 years. Now here we are today and Madeline tried out and is now officially a Hart cheerleader. She had clinic last week and then tryouts were on Wednesday. Thanks to her sisters and our great friend Lindsay (who of course was a Hart cheerleader) Maddie was very prepared. She had all her tumbling tricks and just a great natural ability for cheer. We are so proud of her and I know that it will be an awesome experience for her. My girls learned so much during their cheerleading years about hard work, teamwork and dedication. Its hard to believe that my baby will be in high school, time is going too fast.We all had so much fun getting her ready, thanks for being such good big sisters, you are great examples for Madeline and you all make me proud. Thank you Lindsay, you gave her added confidence, and thanks Kandie (Alex's mother in law) for being so sweet about the whole process. Congratulations to Madeline who worked so hard, danced so cute and made us all proud. GO HART!!!!


Alex made this shirt for tryouts! Isn't it cute!

Getting ready for tryouts!

Alex and Lindsay did her hair

Shielding her eyes from the hairspray

Practicing her cheer faces

Alex fixing some loose jewels

Me and my baby

Alex, Maddie and Lindsay

Maddie and Kandie

Our little Hart Cheerleader

Practicing her cheers

They tried out in groups of 3. Her shirt was so cute

Maddie waiting for her turn

Vanessa passing the torch

Whispering a few last minute words of encouragement

Right before she went in, the face says it all 

After tryouts! 

She ran straight to Lindsay

So sweet!! 

She was so relieved and just glad it was over


7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats to Maddie!!! I can't believe she is in High School! She is adorable as are all your girls. I love her shirt too and her hair is so cute! I love all of her facial expressions, tells a great story! :)

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Yay! Congrats Maddie!! We are so excited for you. You look great and obviously did a stellar job at tryouts.

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

Congrats Madeline! We love you and are so proud of you!!! Go HART!!!!!

Amanda Howell said...

Ok I am expected to The Howell girls recruited for Spirit Day in a few months. Congrats Maddie!!

Jill said...

Maddie...Congratulations!!! I can't believe you are old enough to be a HART Cheerleader!! I was there the day you were born and it wasn't that long ago :) I am so excited for you, your memories from cheer with last forever! Just know you have a much older big sis that is very proud of you...love you!!

Romney said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! It was always so nerve racking to have to try out for cheer, but it's so fun! I was looking at the pictures and I went to Newhall Elementary with Lindsay! I haven't seen her since 5th grade!

312 M. I. said...

The whole going to HS thing is getting to me too, it seems like you were just having a tea party in my living room yesterday. We are so excited you are a
HART Cheerleader, Congratulations, we couldn't be more proud of you Maddie and we can't wait to go to a game and see you cheer. XOXO