Friday, May 8, 2009

Minne's Funkadelic Madness!

So this past Wednesday night Ben, Alex, Me, and my friend Katie Baker went to Minne's Funkadelic Madness at Disneyland. Basically it is a giant scavenger hunt around the park for Disney employees and their family and friends. Ben's cousins work at Disneyland and invited us to come. Stephanie was supposed to come and be our fourth member(because there were 4 players to a team) but she decided she didn't want to go. So at the last minute I invited Katie. We picked up Alex from work around seven and then headed down there. We met up with Ben's cousins and got all checked in. The first part of the night we had to answer 50 different trivia questions about Disney. It was really hard because we didn't know anything. After the questions we got our first clue. With each clue we had to figure out a question or something and then run to a place in the park to get the answer and then run back to the center of the park to turn in that answer and get our next clue. We had to do that ten times in 2 hours. Did I mention the whole time you are tide together!! Yes, every team was roped together which made it quite a bit harder to move around. Well our team completed all 10 clues with 15 minutes to spare. We were pretty proud! For a second we thought we could actually win  but there was no chance. There were about 300 teams of 4 and people were taking it very serious. People had books on Disney A-Z trivia, head lamps and matching outfits. haha It was quite entertaining. We ended up getting pretty into, if you know Alex you get what I mean. :) Overall it was a very fun night and I'm so glad that Ben's cousins invited us!!
 
This is my attempt to document the event! I was bummed because my battery died like half way through the night, so here is what I got.

Katie and Ben on the tram!

Me and Alex

Katie and Ben were hungry so they bought these sandwiches that were huge. They were 3 layers thick!

Alex and Ben and all his cousins! Alex just had to get her kettle corn, which we all ate!

Our team


The sea of people!

This trivia question were on this big screen and we answered them on a scantron. It was serious business

Ben is turning in our first clue. You can see we are all roped together

Working on one of the clues

This is the last picture we took. I'm doing charades for ones of the clues.





4 comments:

Vanessa said...

How fun!!!! I could understand that the trivia questions would be hard. Cool that Ben had family that invited you guys! I think that would be great fun!!!! Good job finishing early!

Lisa said...

Next year I want to go,and we can start practicing now and maybe win(haha). Loved the roped together part. Mom

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

It was such a blast! I am way too competitive though! But still that was too much fun! Thanks Ben for having such fun cousins!

312 M. I. said...

How fun, I love that place!